Sunday, December 8, 2013

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos


"Sphere" by Nocturnal Bloodlust
I think I've given this band a try in the past or at least I've seen their name a lot in various places I check. Anyway, I'm not completely sure what I think of the band, but I do know that I really like this song and video has just the right atmosphere to match the tone. It's haunting, dark, and alluring. I guess I'll have more concrete feelings on the band once I listen to Grimoire.



"I Kyou You" by Uwakimono
I'm still a little unsure what I completely think of this PV. It is visually appealing and matches everything that Takeru is more than SuG, so in the end, this solo project was a good idea. His style wouldn't leak into the band like it has for several releases. It combines choreography, pop, dance, goth, and fashion. The song is upbeat enough, but doesn't feel out of place with the muted color palette of the PV. Curious what I'm gonna hear on the mini-album.



"VOODOO DOLL" by VIXX
**GORE WARNING**
Clean ver.
Surprisingly, I've seen a lot of comments saying this video might be too gory, but I don't think it is. I don't know if it's because I'm desensitized by it as a horror movie fan or what, but it does go beyond the standard kpop creep factor. Anyway, when this first came out, I spazzed pretty hard. I love everything about this video, song, and concept. I might have to call myself a STARLIGHT now. They're really good with dark concepts compared to a lot of rookies. Their choreography has been consistently theatrical, so whether you watch it in the video or on stage, it still tells a story just like "Hyde". Anyway, I'm so pumped for this first album!



"Touchdown" by Koda Kumi
I'm surprised I didn't post this one. Well, if you follow me on Tumblr, you would've seen my teasing comment about this video...and the fact that CL released something around the same time. I won't repeat it here. Anyway, I wasn't expecting something like this from Koda Kumi. She always brings something new to add onto her mature, sexy image. It's a very minimalistic video with her and another guy. It looks like she has fun in it and the song matches the fun, confident, and sensual tone of the video.



"Icarus" by JAURIM
I'm not really into Korean rock, but when I saw this band on MAMA 2013 I wanted to check them out. I wasn't expecting to see a krock band with a female vocalist and she has a really beautiful and unique vocals too. There's a nice balance between her singing and giving some instrumental moments, especially with the simple imagery. I'm looking forward to checking out their latest album and maybe they'll gain a fan in me.

1 comment:

xxdovahkiinxx said...

Koda, queen of the MILFs, does it again. *_*