Sunday, July 1, 2018

BlipMasta5's May & June 2017 Favorites

Favorite Anime Parody
TeamFourStar's DBZ Abridged Episode 58



TeamFourStar has never failed to tickle my funny bone. Yet, it's always a pleasure to see them also take the action scenes to the next level. It's finally the first match of the Cell Games with Cell and Goku taking center stage. Watch as TFS add their own flair to one of the iconic battles of the series!


Favorite Anime Analysis
Mother's Basement - Boku no Academia: The Anti-Naruto



My Hero Academia is one of my favorite shows recently and I also followed Naruto for quite a while to see the comparison and contrast between the two was interesting. There were some interesting points shown on both anime and it made me appreciate each of them more for their individual strong points. Maybe this video can help you do the same.

Favorite Music & Culture Series
Everyday Struggle



This series I became privy to at the beginning of the month and I've been hooked ever since. As many of you know, I follow quite a bit of the hip hop culture and what this show brings is perspectives. Joe Budden has viewpoints on music and related news that mirror closely to my own & DJ Akademiks gives the younger audiences' insight on them that enlighten and/or confuse me. That combination is entertaining the whole way through and it keeps me caught up with some acts I wouldn't know I should know about. If you're into to rap music culture nowadays, this is the show to watch.

Favorite Dance Video
Kinjaz - Humble.



K. Dot and Kinjaz, what an excellent match!? No more words needed. Just watch!

Favorite Music Videos
Grateful - Sylvan LaCue



Emrata - Pryde



Sylvan for that true connection to how I feel on a regular basis and my need to be grateful for the things in my life. Pryde for that carefree moment in life when all I want to do is jump and get down. Both songs are great to bump in the car and serve their purpose, yet the videos add a great touch to the experience. Hope you can enjoy these bad boys!

Favorite Singles
Food for Thought - Dyme-A-Duzin



Dyme-A-Duzin is an emcee I've been following for quite a while and I couldn't leave without mentioning his new single for the long awaited "Crown Fried" album. I absolutely love the concept of this song and its usage of food metaphors to not only describe hip hop's climate, but also the socio-political state of America in each respective verse. This is all delivered cleverly on a banging beat with an unorthodox sample that's still fit for the club. Whenever the project drops, I'll definitely look forward to it and maybe this song will convince you to do the same.

Medicine - Jessica Andrea



On the pop side of things, I've been longing to hear an original song from Jessica Andrea, Logic's wife. After hearing her in the background of a few tracks of her husband's & some covers on YouTube, I knew she had a great pop voice. The question became whether or not she could carry her own weight when the song was made from scratch for her. I can see her going in a lane that covers the likes of Alessia Cara, Miley Cyrus, & Selena Gomez after this. Therefore, I must conclude that she still has my interest. How about you?

Favorite Music Videos
Turtle - Wax


This one is a my acoustic picks of the month with one of my favorite artists, Wax. I love Wax's approach to songwriting whether it's rapping or singing and in this case, his humor lines right up with my own. The topic of this piece is one of being a bit of a homebody which I can tend to be outside of work. Enjoy this relaxing tune while sipping some tea or beer, why don't you!

Holding Back Tears - Stik Figa


Central Standard Time is a fantastic project from Stik Figa which I have reviewed earlier in the year, and one of the most heartfelt tracks got its own visual adaptation. The song itself deals with the feelings of grief and depression growing up in impoverished neighborhoods and trying to stay afloat against all odds. Yet, this video takes one scenario that is seen too often that leaves many young men and women with the choice to either stay on the course to be better or to give into the violence that plagues the ghettos of America. Certainly a powerful piece worthy of a listen and watch.

Wonder Woman - Jojo



Even though the release of Mad Love hasn't been too long ago, Jojo apparently still taking time to create new jams in the studio. This is clearly shown through this new single that showcases more of her sultry side. This smooth slow jam reminisces on a past relationship and their intimate times together. The vocal performance that Jojo provides is so perfectly done that all you can do is admire the talent and get lost in the sentiment of the words. I wonder, I wonder, I do, if she'll ever get the attention she deserves again. This warrants more ears!

Anime Related Commentary
The Genius of Sword Art Online (Abridged) - Explanation Point


I found out about Explanation Point through a video he's done on My Hero Academia. Yet, this video here is what sold me on his content. He really dove into both the original and the abridged series so well that I had to subscribe. The points made in this video perfectly summarize exactly why I love the version of SAO Something Witty Entertainment delivers. Plus if you haven't already check out the parody, this video will explain to you why it's worth the watch.

Music Related Commentary
Andre 3000 is the "Aria" of Hip Hop



OutKast is one of the best rap groups of all time, but is Big Boi undervalued? This is something that Brail goes into depth to discover. We all know that Andre 3000 is praised for his eccentric and genius approach to songwriting, but what about Big Boi's contribution. I actually discussed this with him personally, but this video is one that succinctly points out the differences between the two emcees and breaks down how they complement each other. Check it out for a possible new perspective on this iconic duo.

No comments: