Saturday, February 23, 2019

BlipMasta5's January 2019 Favorites

Favorite Music Video
She A Dub - Devvon Terrell


My anticipation for this all started with an Instagram post during the holidays. Then came the challenge along with the song inspired by the post. I was ALL for it. Then, the day finally came and in the midst of the Bird Box hype being the concept behind the craze taking over. I loved every second of it. It helped that the song goes hard as well with Devvon's usual catchy melodies and great production. Give it a listen and join the movement...the dance movement!

Favorite Dance Routine
Hope You Do by Chris Brown - Brian Puspos


There are a few choreographers that make me listen to songs I normally wouldn't and Brian is one of them. His slick moves always captivate me as they intricately interpret the lyrics and also hit each beat perfectly. If you're like me and don't really like Chris Brown's music much, it's okay. Brian delivers his prowess on other great tracks, but this month, I have to admit that I really dig this routine. Maybe give it a chance; the dancing's fantastic!

Favorite Song
Mercy B - Brail Watson


This song came out late in December, but the video came out at the top of the month. This song really talks about depression and how the help of others can really help you out. It also touches on how God places those people in our lives as well and how we can appreciate that. This song goes through some really metamorphic phases as Brail flexes his creativity to process the emotions he wrote about. It's a superb piece that anyone who has been down before should spin one time for their mind...although it's actually streaming... Anyway, ENJOY!

Favorite Cover
Simple and Clean - Geekapella


Geekapella is a group that I've talked about before in my convention recaps. I love how they are able to bring nerd culture to one of my old pastimes: choral music. They always put on a great show live, so it's a treat to see them bring their arrangements to the world. I've seen this particular piece done two times and the video does a great job capturing their excellent performance of the classic Kingdom Hearts theme. They timed it perfectly for the KH3 release, so why not indulge in the series in more ways than one. Click above!!

Full January 2019 Favorites: click here

No comments: