Tuesday, July 7, 2020

BM5's June 2020 Favorites

Favorite Comedy Special
8:46 - Dave Chappelle


Well, to call this a comedy special is actually stretch. This is more of a life experience and observations of American life as a black man. Dave has truly has become such an important pundit that uses "comedy" to expose some of the truths of society that only the greats could measure up to when it comes to presentation. With the unjust death of George Floyd and being in the midst of the greater resurgence of protests for the "Black Lives Matter" movement, this special came at the right time. Honestly, if you weren't one of the many that tuned in to this, giving this a listen will give you some perspective on why things in America need to change from the top to the bottom.

Favorite K-Pop Discussion
How This Group Changed My Perspective into Kpop - Omaigadkimchi


Now I have gotten into my journey on how I finally dove into k-pop in my video "Don't Do K-Pop". In there, I mention how Loona has become my ultimate group. I didn't go into intricate detail, but this video I'm recommending here is very similar to how I came to appreciate Loona and kpop as a whole. This person has much more history with the genre and to hear how his waning interest was rekindled by this group was fascinating. Maybe it can be to you, as well...and ultimately, STAN LOONA. HAHA! Enjoy.

 Favorite Live Performance
That's My Girl - Yunhway and Youngji (Good Girl)


Even though I'm still upset the Mnet isn't providing subtitles for this show, I'm being pleasantly surprised by the many ladies on the cast. I definitely started watching this for Jamie, Ailee, and to check out Cheetah, but this month this performance made me vibe so much! See if any of you have seen my kpop reactions, you may have remembered how I've said that rap songs in other languages are harder for me to get into. Yet, this song had so much energy, variety, and catchiness that I couldn't help but jam to every second with a smile on my face. I hope that you get as much joy from this as I did.

Favorite Rookie Comeback
Yessir - 3YE


I've been asked politely by Miko to mention some lesser known groups that I'm listening to. 3YE or Third Eye is one that I'd like to recommend. Now, as I'm writing this, I have still yet to record my reaction to their Triangle mini album, but 3 of the tracks were released before with videos as singles and the title track I have dove into already. "Yessir" to me gives "How You Like That" by Blackpink a run for its money in the girl crush/almost hip hop lane. I love the sound and character that this group presents as another BA female band. Though, I still feel that they have a bit of uniqueness to them that makes them stand out. I'm not sure if it's the choreography, the video concepts, or just the girls themselves, but I'm here for it. What are your thoughts?

Full June 2020 Favorites Playlist: click here

No comments: