Tuesday, September 1, 2020

BM5's August 2020 Favorites

 Favorite Music Discovery
D.B.D.B.Dib - Saturday


To my possible dismay, I discovered Saturday with this current comeback. The reason it may be unfortunate has to do with learning they've gone through many lineup changes on a very small label. Not only that, but their CEO reportedly admitted this could be the last ditch effort as the members have to be even more involved with their promotions than before. Yet, I find them all so adorable and talented. Their quirky, sax-laden sound is quite infectious and this first introduction through "D.B.D.B.Dib" has them constantly played in my rotation.

Favorite Anime Video
What if Modern Anime Had English Opening - ThatGuyYouKnowww


This channel also manages to randomly find hilarious ways to entertain us. They play towards my nostalgia of late 90's/early 00's morning cartoon era with this one. They proceeded to create 4Kids style openings for a few songs and legitimately create some really catchy and official looking material. If you're a 90's kid like myself, I'm sure you can find this tickling that nostalgia bone like me and laughing along with the judges.

Favorite Dance Video
Boy (Dance Practice) - Treasure


With so many comebacks and debuts this month, one that I had to absolutely respect was that of Treasure's. Although the song isn't among the favorite releases of August, the choreography for this song is certainly stunning. The synchronization, the movements themselves, stunts, and formations all leave me in amazement. To debut with this much talent on display, it has me lying in wait for them to blow me away musically in the future. Hopefully, YG can turn a new leaf and not have to keep them waiting a whole year to bring more music to their growing fans.

Full Aug. 2020 Favorites playlist: click here

No comments: