Sunday, December 6, 2020

BM5's November 2020 Favorites

Favorite Anime Discussion
Violet Evergarden: Learning to Feel - Digi


Every time I can see some appreciation or musings on this anime, I have to watch. This time, I have to share, as well! Although some of the faults of the show are brought out on this video, there's also some thoughts on how wonderfully done this anime was created. This is one of my favorites of late and how each life story that Violet comes across seems to make her grow emotionally. Seeing the child soldier slowly learn how to become attached to regular society is one that I adore so much and this goes into even Digi's experience with something similar. Hope you enjoy it like I did.

Favorite Choreography
Teddy Bear - Natty


Natty debuted earlier this year and I really enjoyed what she had to offer. Therefore, news of the comeback made me excited. When the new music video dropped, I was a bit underwhelmed. I thought the song was just ok, but then this dance practice video was released. Watching it as a performance as a whole had me appreciate the small details in the beat that the choreography emphasized. Not only that, I was enamored by how sweet and naughty the moves were. It was a nice riding of the line of maturity and turned my entire opinion on the song around. Tell me what you think.

Favorite Discovery
little more - FAKY


Turns out that this group has been around for years. Yet, I saw this subtly calling me in my recommended video column. I was pleasantly greeted with some good dancing, nice vocals, and dope vibe. I was then faced with the dilemma, do I try now to dive into the J-Pop scene, too? Hahaha. Honestly, I'm just happy to stumble upon a great song to add to my playlist and I'll look into their past work despite the member changes that they went through. Maybe there's more greatness to be found!

Favorite Single
Dream of You - Chung Ha


Alright, so everybody who keeps up with K-Pop have been wondering where is the new Chung Ha album. She's released a plethora of singles throughout the year, but no full project date...until now: January 2021. *le sigh* Yet, this was paired with the single/performance video "Dream of You feat. R3hab"! THIS was the single that made me okay with waiting longer. The song itself is so seductive and sophisticated as Chung Ha has been known to bring of late. The video and choreo give me major Janet Jackson/Michael Jackson vibes throughout and I'm just captivated. It's an all English song and I think it may have to do with the other announcement I became aware of with this dropping. She has now signed with 88Rising! Watching (practically) everything that 88Rising has been doing in the industry has been intriguing. They seem to know just the right talent that could truly crossover into the States and when it comes to K-pop talent, they've already tapped Jackson Wang. Adding Chung Ha officially to the roster has me zeroed in on them even more so. Long story short, everything surrounding the release of this single has wrought with anticipation for the album at the top of the year!

Full Nov. 2020 Favorites playlist: click here

No comments: