Tuesday, January 26, 2021

BM5's December 2020 Favorites

Favorite Video Game Discussion
Horizon Zero Dawn - Uniting the Hero & The Story World - Story Mode


I know that video games aren't discussed often on this blog, but these are my monthly favorites, and I do what I want. LOL. Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my favorite games of all time since I finished it and getting some insight from the creators as well as a look into the storytelling techniques that made it on my favorites was a treat. The world is sprawling with so much detail that any nerd would fawn over, while the gameplay is just so great to explore as much as where the characters inhabit. This video focuses a little more of the former, so if that interests you, give it a watch!

Favorite Music Video
0415 - Yerin Baek


There's been a lot of great releases this month, but one video I thought came with an intriguing story to follow along with. That, hands down, must go to this gem here. The song itself is amazing and although I have yet to listen to the full album, I am highly anticipating more great material. The video has for sure grabbed my attention, in contrast. The story you try to piece together with how the protagonist affects those around her just makes you figure out how exactly it all connects. Then as it ends you are left satisfied with a bit of a twist. Well, at least, that was my experience and I wanted to share that with you all.

Favorite Dance Video
Mmmh (Dance Practice) - KAI


There are actually two dance practice videos from this gentleman that made it to the playlist, but I decided to go with this one for its mixed dance styles. I greatly appreciate the "Reason" choreography a bit more for its strictly hip hop focus, but the grace blended in "Mmmh" is definitely eye-catching. In fact, other than grace, there is also so much sensuality in this routine. Kai and the other dancers truly displayed their technical abilities all throughout, and that's worthy of high recommendation.

Favorite Interview
AleXa w/ ReacttotheK


AleXa has been a very interesting K-Pop artist to watch this year. Being one of the Korean-American that is new in the industry, she's one of the few that has maintained a healthy dedication to the American fanbase. So little of her content need subtitles and her easygoing personality has open a light in what the journey of a growing K-Pop star is like. Though, parts of her personal journey aren't always explored as thoroughly as it was in this interview from ReacttotheK. The other interview I would say comes close would be with Eric Nam, but we're talking about December content. I'd get into AleXa now, because her path is an interesting one to watch her walk.

No comments: