Saturday, February 20, 2021

BM5's January 2021 Favorites

Favorite Music Analysis
Understanding Toxic - 12Tone


12Tone is a channel I like to check every once in a while and binge. Yet, this is one of the more recent videos that I just had to share. Britney Spears' "Toxic" is a song that I have always held as one of the few tunes of hers that I genuinely enjoy. This musical analysis really breaks down the reasons why it's always so pleasing to my ears. This video, along with other videos, thoroughly make me understand how music theory is so fascinating and why those who incorporate it in their songwriting leave me happy. Learn a little bit more about how "Toxic" is one of those gems.

Favorite Cover
Ex - Kiana Lede (Covered by Ailee)


I always enjoyed this song from Kiana, so to hear another one of my favorite voices cover this was a match made in heaven. The fact that this is also just her voice and piano was so beautiful to my eardrums. Honestly, that's all I have to say. With Ailee, it's never a hard sell.

Favorite Music Video
Nainainai - Atarashii Gakko!


Over the past few months, I've been seeing releases from this group through 88Rising. I always thought that they have a great energy and vibe including their little video lessons on Japanese culture. Though with this music video, I must say that I'm certainly a newborn fan. I put this on and just want to shake and dance in my room, singing along in my poor attempts at the language. They have quickly become the first Japanese group that I'm going to truly follow.

Favorite Dance Video
2020 Dance Medley - AleXa


Although 2020 had a lot that wasn't going for us, it was also full of fantastic choreography to Kpop title tracks. Who would be able to do it all, though? Don't you need the full groups? Not quite. Just one AleXa! As I've mentioned in past posts, I've really been following her journey since debut and I can see why she won those dance cover contests in the past. She truly tackles each style with such ease. Therefore, I look back at last year with a smile by watching such talent on display!

Full January 2021 Playlist: click here

No comments: