Friday, April 23, 2021

BM5's March 2021 Favorites

Favorite Song
Leave the Door Open - Silk Sonic


Anderson .Paak and Bruno Mars have been huge promoters of throwback sound in the past few years, so the news of their collaboration got much of the world excited. I'm no exception! This is a callback to the days of 70's soul/R&B and it's done with the typical Bruno polish that makes it so marketable. The combination of both of their voices fits perfectly over the lush instrumentation. The Grammys performance was also quite the treat. In fact, in the full playlist is an analysis video of the music theory involved that makes this a musicians dream to hear on mainstream radio. Give it a watch!

Favorite Band Analysis
The Rise of (G)I-DLE - lovinsoojin


This is essentially a fan made documentary of (G)I-DLE's formation and career up until now. The amount of research put into this is truly amazing to a casual kpop fan like myself. Yet, (G)I-DLE is definitely a group that I have enjoyed music from over the last year and a half. Getting the history behind their creation and how much they've done to personally produce much of their material has been eye-opening, especially since this proves they are much more than "Soyeon and Friends". This is one of the few examples of stan dedication that I've seen that impresses me, as well. Much respect to the Neverlands!

Favorite Anime Analysis
I Hate the Promised Neverland Season 2 - Mother's Basement


Like many who've seen the first season of The Promised Neverland, the season 2 announcement had me shaking with anticipation. Like many anime only consumers of the series during the airing of second season, I was cautiously pleased with the story despite manga readers broadcasting their disappointment so far. Like many who reached the end of the season, I felt cheated and upset with the way it was ended. Honestly even without me being a manga reader like Geoff of Mother's Basement, every thought he had for his experience and review echoes my own. Sorry for those who'll hear me reiterate these thoughts in my Winter 2021 Retrospective...

Favorite Movement Piece
6 Asian Women Have Been Murdered. - Anna Akana


To end this on a serious note, the #StopAsianHate movement is just as important as the #BlackLivesMatter movement. They are all sides of the same need for equality and respect for all cultures and races around the world. Human life needs to be respected regardless of political standing, and I say this as an apolitical person. This is one of the many statements for the cause that touched my heart and I wanted to share it with you all here. Hopefully, you readers can agree with the overall sentiment that NO ONE deserves to be discriminated against, attacked, and murdered. Period.

Full March 2021 Playlist: click here

No comments: