Tuesday, July 6, 2021

BM5's May 2021 Favorites

Favorite TV Analysis
The Neurosis of Cat Valentine - CJ the X




This video...ooh, this video! Well, it's quite the trip to put it bluntly. CJ definitely presents this video so well, I felt the almost hour and a half whiz by with an ease. Victorious along with Sam & Cat were never shows that I really watched being outside of the demographic, but I was highly aware of the role Ariana played in the series. Or I thought I did until I watched this deep analysis into the psyche of the character she portrayed. Truly everything about this is entertaining, so please give it a watch!

Favorite Interview
Purple Kiss w/ Edward Avila


Edward is a character. That's what makes him so disarming in front of the idols he gets to interview. That leads to some of the funniest moments, all accented by his impeccable editing. In this particular interview, Purple Kiss got to demonstrate just how talented they are along with displaying their hilarious personalities. I'll never forget the many spontaneous moments throughout the video and I'll return to it fondly each time. Your thoughts?

Favorite Rap Performance
Mushroom Trip Freestyle - Wax




Wax has been at it again. He's got quite a few songs he's been drip feeding us lately and this one just brought me back to when I was first discovering him. The incredible technical ability he has and ridiculous sense of humor he injects in his material always has me grinning from ear to ear. This is a seasoned veteran just doing a simple verbal workout and I'm here for it. If you like BARS, enjoy this healthy serving!

Favorite Title Track
First - Everglow


I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable saying that Everglow has my favorite comeback as a whole, but I'm certain that this title track reigns superior. The music video, the styling, the production, the singing, the rapping, and, most importantly, the CHOREOGRAPHY!!! If these haven't proven that they're a performance based group to you yet, this here will be all the convincing you will need. The charisma in every step, facial expression, and vocal delivery is palpable. These girls came to slay and to come FIRST!

Full May 2021 Favorites: click here

No comments: