Monday, November 29, 2021

BM5's October 2021 Favorites

Favorite Music Video
Hula Hoop - LOONA


This month had a lot of great videos which you'll see in the full favorites playlist. Though, the one I wanted to highlight here would have to be LOONA's Japanese debut MV. (Pixy's "Addicted" was a extremely close second, by the way.) In this music video that was finally released about a month after the song was initially available, we get an extremely cool vertically scrolling video. The concept was really captivating to me along with the bright and interesting color grading. Plus for all us Orbits, there are mountains of Easter eggs throughout the entire watch. Ever since release, the song randomly pops into my mind, so this is my attempt to do the same to you. Say it with me: "Hula-la-la, hula-la-la, hula-la hula hoop!"

Favorite Music Discussion
This is the Most Important Instrument in the World - 12Tone


As many of you know, I love channels that go into the music theory into...well, modern music. 12Tone is one that I would stop by on occasion, but I finally subscribed recently and this particular video was published. It made me happy with my decision to stay up to date. The topic of the video is something that I've always believed for many years, but to have someone breakdown technically how I feel about this instrument is so affirming. Maybe after giving this a watch, you'll voice the same opinion as I do. *wink*

Favorite Anime Discussion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight - Ladyknightthebrave


There's been so many video essays on this classic anime that you think there wouldn't be anything more entertainment to get from them. Lady Knight has proven that notion incorrect with this piece on Cowboy Bebop. What interested me most was the approach to the review. She not only talked much about how the show itself was to her, but also elaborated on the background on the creators of the work and, namely, Shinichiro Watanabe's common themes through the years. Another aspect that I saw that hasn't been explored much was the depiction of trans and nonbinary characters in his projects, including Cowboy Bebop. It's always fascinating to hear other people's opinions on works of art I enjoy to expand my perspective on them, and for an enduring work like this to still have new things to discover or ponder on is something I have Lady Knight for unearthing for me. Hopefully, it can do the same for you!

Full October 2021 Favorites list: click here

No comments: