Wednesday, January 10, 2024

BM5's November 2023 Favorites

Favorite Music Analysis
Understanding In the End - 12Tone


I LOVE LINKIN PARK! I think Miko and I can both say that, honestly. Thus when I saw this video pop up in my subscription feed, my ears perked up like a dog hearing "treat"! It was really neat to check out how he analyzed this classic single from a songwriting and music theory lens. It added even more color to my appreciation for this jam. Maybe it can do the same for you!

Favorite Dance Practice
Heartris - NiziU


This song is amazing and such an earworm melodically. Though, what amazed me about this release was the choreography. NiziU has been steadily growing in performance skill from their formation onward, but their precision was on full display with this particular piece. They brought their A-game with this and delivered a smile on my face the entire way through. I'm hoping you can agree, if you give it a watch here.

Favorite Kpop Discussion
What are "Generations" in Kpop - 2ndgenbias


This has always been a thing that fascinated me. Eras in music are always fun to look back upon and it's pretty easy to categorize in most western music; they're mostly cleanly squared away in decades. That's not something you can say about the kpop scene in comparison. There's definitely some pretty clear indicators of when the generations begin and end when we look back, but the time periods' duration aren't as similar as they are here in the States. This video does do a good job of seeing what common threads tie each wave together and looks on to what the future may bring as we head into the 5th generation. Do you find that interesting? Give it watch!

Full November 2023 Favorites playlist: click here

No comments: