Friday, January 15, 2016

Hi, I'm BlipMasta5


Greetings and salutations, Muddy Cult! Let me start off by saying that I'm honored to bring some content to this blog that you'll hopefully enjoy. Before I provide that, though, I find it would be best to introduce myself so you'll have an idea where my perspective will come from. Without further ado, here's the breakdown of BlipMasta5.

Growing up in a musical family, music obviously became my first love. At a very young age, I was trained to sing and play piano. I would learn songs from musicals, church hymns, and pop hits. Plus being a 90's baby, I grew up on many Top 40 songs at the time from N'SYNC & Red Hot Chili Peppers to Missy Elliott & Usher. Being in school and church choirs gave me an appreciation for classical, jazz, and contemporary gospel music. Through the exposure of Toonami, I got introduced to electronica as well as music from overseas by way of anime openings and endings. Therefore by my older teens, my taste in music has become very broad with an attraction to lyrical content and musical composition.

I also was raised in an environment where my cousins, siblings, and I were allowed to create our own parodies, award shows, and short films. That resulted in me growing an interest in the art of storytelling and how to entertain. Shows like Fresh Prince & CSI had me enjoying comedic and dramatic stories. Then, that spread to movies ranging from Napoleon Dynamite to Inception. I also must again mention Toonami along with Adult Swim which got me into anime, starting off with DragonBall Z & Cowboy Bebop. My palette here again is pretty broad including action, comedy, drama, musicals, & thrillers.

So what does this mean for you readers? Well, what I'd like to contribute to this blog is what I'm currently enjoying. On the music side, I would most likely cover hip hop, pop, and R&B from mainstream and underground artists. When it comes to shows and movies, I will frequently talk about anime & movies from new and old. This will all be brought via Fair Shake Reviews. You ask, "But BM5, what's that!?" What's implied by the title; I will give an objective review of the content, yet give you my personal opinion for your insight and invite discussion. Outside of the reviews, if warranted, I may post rants, analyses, or answer questions.

Once again, I must reiterate my appreciation for this opportunity to share my thoughts here: Thank you, Miko and those reading this. I will try my best to give you interesting articles and content to look forward to. Also if you want to connect to any other creative efforts I make, you can follow me on the internet pretty much everywhere. Those links will be down below before my list of current favorites. Until next time, I must sign off with Much Luv, Peace: Threes!

YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
My Anime List

TL;DR
Here's some of what I like in a nutshell...
MUSIC:
Brail, Kendrick Lamar, Tori Kelly, Yoko Kanno. Linkin Park
MOVIES:
Memoirs of a Geisha, The Number 23, Drumline, The Terminal, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzamiya
ANIME (SHOWS):
Trigun, Monster, Shuffle, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Durarara!!

No comments: