Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Q&A: Nightmare

At Anime Matsuri 2014 in Houston, TX, Nightmare held a Q&A for the fans and here are the questions asked by the fans, during this event. I want to thank their management for bringing Nightmare to Houston and allowing the fans this opportunity. Not all of the questions asked and other shenanigans in this Q&A were written during this event as I felt they were irrelevant for one reason or another. Pictures were allowed, but mine are sadly blurry. I'd also like to apologize for the massive delay on these Q&As and concert reports, I am slowly but surely working on them one at a time. Please enjoy this fan Q&A with Nightmare.

Band Members
Yomi - vocals
Sakito - guitar
Hitsugi - guitar
Ni~ya - bass
Ruka - drums


Have you taught music?
Sakito: No

What happened to Zennin (former drummer)?
Yomi: disappeared

[This question really shouldn't have been allowed. It's kinda disrespectful, so make sure you never ask about former members.]

Who takes the longest to get ready?
Hitsugi: (in English) It's me!

Do you like fishing?
Ni~ya: I love it

What's your favorite thing about being in a band?
Yomi: They are my partners.

What's your favorite food?
Ni~ya: Ramen
Yomi: Yakisoba
Ruka: Rice
Hitsugi: Beer

Someone asked Yomi about his swan underwear. I didn't quite get what the question was about, but it took some time for him to remember what the fan was talking about.
Ni: Yomi is a very crazy boy.

What's the difference between performing for the first time and now?
Ruka: It was a long time ago, but we're less nervous now.

What's your favorite thing about America?
Sa: I love America and I wish I could live here.
Fan: (interjects) You can become a citizen by marriage!
Sa: I'll look around.

Do you have any pets?
Hi: I have 2 dogs.

To Sakito: How was it working on the Dead End Tribute Album?
Sa: Really fun!

What kind of hobbies do you have?
Sa: Video games
Ni: Fishing
Yo: Gundam models
Ru: Internet
Hi: Beer

What do you expect at tomorrow's show?
Yo: We have a lot in store for you, guys!

If you weren't in a band, what kind of job would you like to have?
Sa: Programmer
Ni: Fishing
Yo: Farmer
Ru: I wouldn't work.
Hi: Bartender

To Hitsugi, How did it feel recording "D.O.D" for the hide Tribute Album?
Hi: I was nervous, because hide was inspiration for me getting into music, but I felt very honored.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Sa: In the shower or bathroom

What's the difference between American bands and Japanese bands?
Yo: American bands are very honest with their emotions and love.

How did you do the opening and ending song for Death Note?
Ru: We talked to the produce and then we just wrote it.

To Sakito, How did you feel doing your nude shoot for Shoxx?
Sa: Very excited.

Outside of music, what is your inspiration?
Ru: I usually get inspiration from what we do.

Who gets drunk the most?
Hi: (in English) It's me!

Are you planning on doing a U.S. tour?
Yo: Right now, we don't have any plans to, but we would like to do one.

To Hitsugi, How is different working in a band compared to working solo?
Hi: Nightmare is family and being solo is like playing with friends.

No comments: