Saturday, October 30, 2021

BM5's Sept 2021 Favorites

Favorite Interview
Daniel "Obi" Klein & Charli Taft - ReacttotheK


I always love these interviews with the producers and songwriters of kpop. It's a world that I would love to get involved with, being a songwriter myself. Yet while watching most of these, I realize that I completely lack the talent and drive to do so at a level that these artists do. These two are great examples and their catalog with some of my favorite groups just prove that. Check out the interesting stories of how they got involved in the music industry and eventually on the kpop side of things.

Favorite Debut Song
Got'ya - IChillin


Without a doubt, this song is one I've been obsessed with since release. The production, the choreography, the vocals, the rapping, the charismatic performance all culminates in my fandom. They killed everything and I went at length on this on one of my Patreon reactions to the performance video. How can you not find this super infectious? You know!

Favorite Comeback
4 Only - Lee Hi


I. AM. LATE!!! This album had soooo many fantastic tunes to jam from beginning to end. My favorite being the above shared song, H.S.K.T. Lee Hi has such a soulful approach to her music that oozes cool and ultimate vibes. Yeah, so I get why so many people get into kr&b, especially acts like Lee Hi when all you have to do is press play and settle into the mood. I'm most surely going to be doing a deep dive into her discography after this. How about you?

Favorite Music Video
Pressure - Krizz Kaliko


Symbolism. It's super simple in this video, but powerful. Krizz Kaliko has been on a roll ever since his separation from Strange Music and launching his own label, Earhouse. This song is another strong showing of what he is still capable of without such a huge independent label behind him. The song and video really shows exactly the perfect sentiment to make you understand the main theme. Life has many pressures that you feel you need to keep dragging along with you, but you should allow yourself the freedom to enjoy the ones you're doing work for.

Full Sept. 2021 Favorites playlist: click here

No comments: