Friday, March 31, 2023

BM5's February 2023 Favorites

Favorite K-Pop Releases
Sweet Juice - Purple Kiss


As their first comeback as a group of 6, I was slightly nervous. Yet, I shouldn't have worried as they brought a tune that just creeps into your mind. They killed it with the vocals and choreo as they always have. It's been something I've been able to throw into rotation the whole month. Has it been in yours?

Rising - triple S


Now, we move onto the debut of the S1-S10 unit from triple S. This release had me anticipating since participating in the voting process of the title track. They didn't disappoint with this lovely tune that just makes you move. They bring a vibe that's hard to fight along with the awesome choreography. This was also paired with a great EP that is equal in quality. I'm still looking forward to the bright future of this NCT-esque structure of a girl group.

Favorite Rap Song
Love Twice - Tim Chantrangsu


Tim has been an entertainer that I've followed for a long time. This includes his music and he's been very sparing with releases for a few years. Yet when he does, it tends to be some rather quality material, such as this dedication to his daughter. I was touched by his witty, yet heartfelt lyrics showing his love to Veyda and I hope he can continue to write even more on his maturity.

Favorite R&B Song
Float - Janelle Monae


Janelle is back and never missing. Once again, she comes with a confidence that is undeniable. As soon as the song dropped, I got out the headphones to tune in. I was met with a fun, smooth instrumental and her cool vocals, whether singing or rapping. I only pray this leads to a new album rollout, for it has been too long since Dirty Computer. Do you share the same thought?

Full February 2023 playlist: click here

No comments: