Thursday, March 2, 2023

BM5's January 2023 Favorites

Favorite Music Video
OMG - NewJeans


I swear I try to not repeat the same groups so soon, but when you're operating on a level like this, I can't help myself. When paired up with Ditto, we see that the b-side focuses on the consumers relationship with kpop artists. While OMG has to do with how the artists feel in the relationship with their fans. It's a mind-bending video with each member seeing themselves in different roles and delivered with another infectious song. I couldn't stop myself from sharing this wonderful piece, even if you probably couldn't escape it yourself.

Favorite Album
Stamp on it - GOT the Beat


GIRL POWER hasn't came as hard, in my opinion, as this particular release. Every single track comes with girl crush bordering boy group energy, but with undeniable bad girl vibes. They come through with intriguing production from start to finish, even if some are put off by their unabashed flavor. In my case, I eat up every note, run, rap, and moment throughout. If I ever get the chance to see them perform "Rose", I will be the happiest man alive. It's quite the journey, as is the rest of the project. I can't recommend it more to folks who love their music to hit hard.

Favorite Anime Discussion
The History of English Dub Anime Openings - Internet Pitstop


I stumbled upon this video in my recommended column on YouTube and I'm glad I clicked. I never seen someone cover the importance and history of many of the dub openings that litter my childhood. Oh yeah, Mother's Basement did. Anyway, it was quite a fun and interesting watch. It was super fun to relive and even hear the opinion of someone else on many of the theme songs I know and love, along with some I haven't heard before. You tell me, have you grown to understand what makes a great dub opening?

Full January 2023 playlist: click here

No comments: