Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Miko's Music Stats 2022

Keeping with new tradition of 2020 and 2021, I'm excited to present to you my last.fm music stats for 2022. One thing I've noticed while posting my Spotify rewind on Instagram is that I had a whole month to potentially change those results...and I did. Sure, a lot of these listens were influenced by my research for Miko's Music Connection and I know that that will be a continuing factor as I resume the series and these result posts.


Top 10 Most Played Artists


10. Daichi Mirua - 77 scrobbles
9. BTOB - 78 scrobbles
8. Cheetah - 80 scrobbles
7. RAZOR - 82 scrobbles
6. The Weeknd - 121 scrobbles


5. BiSH - 159 scrobbles
If you were fortunate enough to see my Spotify Wrap Up, then you would know that The Weeknd used to hold this final spot. Alas, that has changed due to MMC research, it has shifted. As I am typing this, I'll safely assume that I haven't posted their respective episode yet, but to give you a preview, I am no stranger to BiSH. In a effort to give them a spotlight before their disbandment and catch up on their massive discography, I, of course, had to listen to everything I had to offer...including the sprinkle of singles they had in December. I don't want to share too much of my thoughts on this alternative jpop group here, but it was a pleasure to listen to everything this group had to offer their fans and I'm going to miss them. Lastly, please look forward to their MMC episode on my channel!


4. Stray Kids - 172 scrobbles
I think everything's the same in this section compared to the Spotify Wrap Up. From ODDINARY to Case 143, this group from JYPE don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. In fact, it looks like they have a release planned for this year along with a follow-up tour from 2022. I've been enjoying seeing this group grow and experiment with different concepts and sounds and, of course, just being a proud STAY.


3. Seventeen - 213 scrobbles
I know I've been majorly slacking on the concert reports, but after seeing their Power of Love movie in theaters and preparing for their concert, I figured it was finally time for me to fill the gaps of my listening journey since their debut. Although I still need to catch up on their music videos, I might be highlighting them for MMC. Nonetheless, it was an absolute joy to hear their evolution throughout the years. They are definitely more than cutesy young men; they have matured into balancing their cheerful side and their mature, sensual demeanor.

2. ATEEZ - 291 scrobbles
I'm sure you, my lovely Cult followers, have already seen my MMC episode on this group and...things have shifted some. Once I get back on the wagon, I am excited to express my budding relationship with this group. While, yes, some of these scrobbles come from my "research" for the series, but I'm safely assuming that a bulk of it was me indulging in their growth and repeating some of my favorite tracks from said research. Perhaps I can use this post as proof to those who disliked my video that I indeed am a fan of this group.



1. Monsta X - 440 scrobbles
Without devulging too much information about my feelings for the group as I have yet to release their MMC episode as I am typing this post, but! Much like Stray Kids, they had quite the extensive library to listen through and I regret "sleeping" on them, for lack of a better word. My journey through their discogaphy has made my Spotify constantly add them in my shuffle, despite having thousands of other options to play. I can't go one listen through my Liked Playlist without at least 5-10 of their songs being thrown in there.


Most Played Albums

I will be skipping over any single track entries for this category.

13. Mark Tuan - the other side - 29 scrobbles
12. Monsta X - SHAPE OF LOVE & Stray Kids - SKZ-REPLAY - 30 scrobbles
11. ATEEZ - ZERO: FEVER Part.2 - 31 scrobbles
10. nafla - new blood - 33 scrobbles
9. XAAXAA - tyuudokusyoujyou〜ni〜- 34 scrobbles
8. Monsta X - One of a Kind & The Weeknd - After Hours [includes Deluxe edition] - 35 scrobbles
7. ATEEZ - ZERO: FEVER Part.1 - 36 scrobbles
6. Daichi Miura - DJ DAISHIZEN Presents 三浦大知 NON STOP DJ MIX Vol.2 - 43 scrobbles


5. Monsta X - ALL ABOUT LUV (Extended Version) & FATAL LOVE - 44 scrobbles
Monsta X very much dominated my Spotify to the point that the app would always play them multiple times. Apparently, Spotify and myself would pull from these two amazing albums the most. Without saying too much about either album, I'll simply tell you some tracks I've enjoyed from both albums. Some of my favorite tracks from the group's first Enlgish album are "Beside U (I.M. Rap ver.)" featuring Pitbull, "Middle of the Night", and "Happy Without Me". Some of my favorite tracks from FATAL LOVE are "Love Killa", "Thriller" and "Last Carnival".

4. ATEEZ - THE WORLD EP.1 : MOVEMENT - 49 scrobbles
You're gonna be sick of me saying this, since my MMC episode, but...I DO LIKE ATEEZ! Anyway, I don't want to say too much about this EP as I do plan on doing a follow-up of all the artists from my MMC series, but...I really fell for them on this release. I'm sure this'll be evident in the song list, but this was definitely one of my favorite concepts from the group. Some of my favorite tracks are "Guerrilla", "WDIG (Where Do I Go)", and "Sector 1".


3. Stray Kids - ODDINARY - 50 scrobbles
Ever since debut, this group has been on an upward trajectory with their musical journey. I really enjoy how unafraid this group is with experimenting with new sounds and techniques, but still painting it in their own color. I wish more groups were able to do that with their catalog. This album was a great follow up to No Easy and they definitely put a lot of effort into this project, especially when you see the amount of music videos they made for their tracklist. Some of my favorite tracks are "VENOM", "Charmer", and "FREEZE".

2. Cheetah - 28 Identity - 52 scrobbles
I tried to keep up with some of my favorite rappers from Unpretty Rapsar as much as I can and I'm glad I went back to check out this Cheetah album. And yes, I know I owe y'all a breakdown of my thoughts on each season and finish my thoughts on Show Me the Money Season 3. I absolutely love this album! I even managed to buy it. Every single track is so solid! Cheetah shows vocal diversity by giving us her fiery rap flow and smooth, steamy singing. Some of my favorite tracks are "Day Dream", "Blurred Lines" with Hanhae, and "Not Today".

1. The Weeknd - Dawn FM - 57 scrobbles
After the massive success of After Hours, everyone was curious what The Weeknd had planned for his next project and the public, nor myself, were disappointed. I wanted to save my thorough thoughts on the project for the eventual time I catch up on Monthly Favorite posts, but I might as well just say that I loved this album. While the visuals of After Hours had an ongoing story, along with the lyrics, this album held the same concept. The only difference is that experiencing the story through the album may be a bit odd to listen to out of order or as single tracks as each song merges into the next song with its radio narrative. Nonetheless, I was able to push aside that tiny issue to enjoy the album out of order from time to time. Some of my favorite tracks are "Take My Breath", "Is There Someone Else?", "Sacrifice", and "Less Than Zero".

Most Played Tracks


10. Epik High - BLEED (WE'VE DONE SOMETHING WONDERFUL), Monsta X feat. French Montana - WHO DO U LOVE? [ALL ABOUT LUV (Extended Version)], & The Weeknd - Too Late (After Hours) - 12 scrobbles
9. ATEEZ - HALA HALA (Hearts Awakened, Live Alive) (TREASURE EP.2: Zero to One) - 13 scrobbles
8. Monsta X - GAMBLER (One of a Kind) & SKY-HI feat. - Sleep Walking (Sleep Walking) - 14 scrobbles
7. B.I. - BTBT (BTBT) - 15 scrobbles
6. Stray Kids - VENOM (ODDINARY) - 17 scrobbles

5. Hyolyn feat. Jooyoung - Layin' Low (iCE) - 18 scrobbles

Ever since their collaboration in "Erase", I'm convinced that Hyolyn and Jooyoung should just make an album together at this point. They are definitely a winning duo. I wasn't the biggest fan of Hyolyn in her Sistar days or when she started her solo career, but I wouldn't say I disliked the content either, just a casual listener. This new era of Hyolyn (and watching her performances on Queendom Season 2) has easily made me transition to fan status. When this music video dropped, I was easily mesmerized by the daring choreography and, of course, the addictive meld of vocals in this song. I can only hope for more collaborations with Hyolyn and Jooyoung in the future.

4. ATEEZ - Cyberpunk (THE WORLD EP.1: MOVEMENT) - 21 scrobbles

Spoiler: THE WORLD EP.1: MOVEMENT is the first project from this group that I enjoyed every track so much that I had to own it. This particular track, to no surprise, is my absolute favorite! The song easily sucks you into this futuristic world, perhaps a bit dystopic, and doesn't let you go, especially if you crank up the song. It's the only way to listen to it. The vocal arrangement was absolute perfection, like you're falling into a cybernetic blackhole. I will never get tired of blasting this song on my speakers and singing along with Jongho.

3. ATEEZ - Take Me Home (ZERO: FEVER Part.2) - 23 scrobbles

Whether it's the Korean, English, and later the Japanese version, I still love it. Everyone's vocals are so good and the rap parts work pretty well in this song (i.e. Mingi doesn't sound too annoying to my ears ^^;). The lyrics are simply lovely and watching the video is just nice in the chillest way. It's just nice to hear and see a calmer side of this group. I also like bumping this song up in my car and singing along, which is why it made it to the top 5. In closing, you just can't deny the vocal line in this song and that saxophone solo towards the end is the perfect cherry on top.

2. ATEEZ - INCEPTION (ZERO: FEVER Part.1) - 24 scrobbles

I believe I mentioned this on MMC, but this song and "Precious" are responsible for sitting me down and giving this group a serious chance. Obviously, it has paid off [or just made me broke], but I still love every little element of this song. The dreamlike, airy vocals in the chorus, the musical breakdown, and the EDM/dancepop instrumentals that don't overwhelm the concept. The music video is also one of my favorites to watch. Incorporate some fantastic choreography in water with a nice visual story that ties into the lyrics and you've got a winner in my eyes. Despite it being an older song, it still holds the strongest grip and I'm grateful that this song exists as I write this.

1. ATEEZ - Don't Stop (Don't Stop) - 25 scrobbles

I love mafia concepts! I hope to one day make a movie with this concept. For now, I enjoy when musicians take a creative take on mafia and heists concepts. More importantly, this song is banging and sexy! I love the hypnotizing and bold intrumentation. The vocals are so mature, confident, and dramatic. There's so many layers in the vocal arrangement that plays off so well; just listening to it gives a cinematic feeling of anticipation...and also the need to unnecessarily body roll during the chorus.

No comments: