Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick Movie Review


Blood: The Last Vampire (2009, Japan) | Rating: 2.5/5


Even though I haven't seen the anime, it seemed like a promising movie if you look at all angles of the box. Well, I must say I was rather bored with the story and hardly even remember nor understand what was going on half the time. I don't even if it was just me half pay attention as I was multi-tasking or it really was kinda "meh". I thought the visuals were intriguing, but they overused a lot of the special effects during the fighting sequences.



Casshern (2004, Japan) | Rating: 3.5/5


This movie was sent to me by an awesome friend that has great taste in movies and this one was a pretty good one. I wasn't completely amazed overall, but it is worth taking a look at. It has some cliché conflict issues of love, father/son relationships, and the government trying to fix things but only screwing things up even more. The cinematography is stunning! I love the colors and action sequences a lot. The story dragged along a little, but still managed to keep my interesting all the way to the end. Although, I was a little upset with the conclusion.



Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (2008, Japan) | Rating: 3/5


I've tried to watch the original '95 version, but sleep deprivation and deep thinking movies do not go together very well. So, I noticed we had the enhanced CGI version at my workplace and I had the pleasure of being the first to view it. I'm already on the Ghost in the Shell bandwagon. I played the game and adored the show that aired on Adult Swim, so I was looking forward to finally seeing the movie. I was...a little disappointed. It was an alright storyline, but the art lost me. I'm glad the Major got off those steroids before jumping on ship for the Stand Alone Complex series.



Psycho Ward (2007, Canada) | Rating: 1/5


I watched this movie somewhere in October on a whim from work. The cover art is deceiving and the summary on the back seemed interesting. Unfortunately, there was little to desire from this low budget Canadian slasher. The camera angles are very amateur, the storyline is weak, and the acting worse than a kindergarten play. I would avoid this movie like a plague.

No comments: