Sunday, February 26, 2012

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos



"「凶夢伝染」フルバージョン" by Ali Project
I bet a lot of you didn't know I like Ali Project. I don't keep up with their music and PVs as much as I would like to, but they are definitely talented with portraying long lasting impressions. From their music to the astounding visuals, they will keep your interest in some shape or form. This song is very beautiful and full of perfection and the visuals meet the high standards that I have witnessed from each release. I'd like to thank my friend who showed me this PV and renewing my love for Ali Project.




"Justice" by Matenrou Opera
From "Otoshiana no Soko wa Konna Sekai" to "Justice", this band is just getting more and more mindblowing by the release. I'm really excited to hear their first major album. They have definitely grown as not only handsome young men, but extremely talented musicians taking smart risks with their music. This is a little heavier than I'm used to with them, but they still manage to combine their elegant touch to it that makes them stand out from the rest.




"Calvary" by Angelo
I wasn't all that impressed with "FEATHER", but I figured with the addition of Giru (ex-Vidoll) and Karyu (ex-D'espairsRay) they were still trying to fit the right pieces together to sound more cohesive. "Calvary" definitely shows that the new additions were a plus! I really love the instrumentation and Kirito's vocals sound more confident than "FEATHER". Everything is pretty solid and I'm glad to see that fans are pleased with the outcome. Hopefully, there will be less complaints about the band members since a certain guitarist joined. Keep the peace, guys, or get out~




"Touch" by miss A
Are you expecting Big Bang's "Blue" here? Well, too bad, miss A won my vote for comeback MVs. I won't go into detail of what I thought of "Blue", because this is miss A's moment. This lovely mix of elegance and goth is a great change for miss A breaking out of that Wonder Girls mold for a moment. It's somewhat catchy, but invokes a subtle longing emotion through the vocals with a haunting electro-pop track that sets the tone. The visuals are stunning and the girls look beautiful as always, but more so they look very mature.




"Bulletproof" by eAeon
No, I didn't discover this from EatYourKimchi's newest segment promoting k-indies groups/bands, it just happened to be in the related section of whatever I was watching. I honestly don't remember what it was, but it's definitely something that they would pick and I understand why. This is absolutely breathtaking! It's mellow, melancholy, and deep. I'm sure you guys know I love depth! It's nice to see this level of talent and emotion in South Korea. The vocals are soft and touching and the visuals are something my eyes have never had the pleasure of experiencing. Looking forward to exploring more of this group's music in the near future.

No comments: