Sunday, June 16, 2013

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos


"I Could Be the One" by Avicii vs. Nicky Romero
It's summertime and I always find good dance music to be the staple of the season (along with Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff's "Summertime"). I have no idea how I came across this. Probably exploring last.fm recommendations, but the message of this video and the song is just amazing and worth thinking about. To my lovely Cult followers, if you have any music like this, send it my way!



"MEGITSUNE" by BABYMETAL
I seriously want this group at A-Kon, RIGHT NOW! Yes, the girls are back and rocking my socks off once again...if I was wearing any. SU-METAL's voice is gorgeous and the musical composition is high energy with a mix of traditional. The visuals have a nice balance of what the sound gives our ears. I really don't want this group to break up after SU-METAL's graduation, I believe, nor do I want her to be replaced. Just let her keep rocking alongside YUIMETAL & MOAMETAL!



"Wild" by Nine Muses
Ever since "News", I've jumped on the Nine Muses bandwagon. This is what SNSD should aim for when it comes to sexy concepts. It's mature, classy, and sensual. I'm a sucker for black, white, and red tones in videos, especially when done right. The choreography is on point, the vocals are great, and the members are utilized well. My only problem with the song is the weird music detour during the rap, but otherwise this song is just as good as the last.



"Would You?" by Swings feat. Seo In Guk
Korean rap has been so good to me lately and this song is one piece of evidence to support that statement. This is a different route for Swings with this smooth R&B melody and a great vocal collaboration by an artist I feel is underrated in the kpop scene. I love the story for this video and the silly, sweet vibe of the concept. Keep bringing the hits, Swings!



"No More Dream" by BTS
As annoyed as I am about rookie groups entering the scene, this group isn't that bad. They're far from perfect, but something about the looping cello, I think, makes the song pretty great. It reminds me of H.O.T. I guess we have a new entrant to the Block B, B.A.P, and M.I.B genre. The scenery matches the concept and their appearance matches them for the most part. I'm looking forward to listening to their other songs.

No comments: