Monday, June 15, 2015

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos


"Shake That Brass" by Amber feat. Taeyeon (SNSD)
I know a lot of Amber fans were very excited and probably surprised that SM Entertainment gave her a solo. I know I was. I didn't know what to expect, other than probably something fun. Well, it's definitely fun and plays into her silly personality. It looked like a ton of fun to film. It's a very colorful video that doesn't just stick to dancing in a box and beauty shots. It bridges the style of f(x) with Amber's own tomboyish, "I don't care" attitude. There's plenty of cameos to look for throughout the video as well. Oh yeah, Taeyeon exists.



"Ubermensch" by Kayon
I believe I saw this video on Seoul Beats for some unknown female rappers. Most of you know that I like checking out new Korean rappers, especially female ones. The video is predominantly in black and white with some color in the graphics and animations added on top of the video. It's a very laid back song with a cool beat that reminds me of late 90s/early 2000s sound. Since the song is very laid back, the video's pace goes a bit slow motion, taking its time as Kayon flows along to the beat. I'm looking forward to listening to more of her music.



"Medusa" by Jolin Tsai
The queen is here and is bringing all the visuals and fierceness...as usual. Queen Tsai looks flawless as always and moves like she owns the world, not letting her back-up dancers out shine her, but they move just as fiercely. The song is seductive and almost predatory like a black widow...or should I say as hypnotizing as Medusa. The visuals mix artistic and simplicity together. While some shots seem odd and perhaps out of place and others feature Tsai's beauty or her interacting with her dancers. Nonetheless, it's nothing too crazy that you haven't seen from Lady Gaga.



"Shut Up and Kiss Me" by Elva Hsiao
Occasionally, I will look at her videos, but I don't keep up with her like I do Jolin Tsai or G.E.M. The visuals are pretty basic, showing some impressive and sexy choreography with dancers and beauty shots of Hsiao. It also features some excerpts of couples kissing and a small alien plot that I honestly couldn't explain to an outsider if they were watching it with me. It's a fun little video with some polished visuals and a danceable sound.



"The One" by ZHU
From time to time, a cool dance music video pops up on EgoTV and this is one of them. It features a very impressive saxophone intro and black, white, and red color pallette. The vocals do take some adjusting to as it starts off low and distorted, but later sound more feminine and normal. What's presented to us in the video is dramatic, intriguing, sensual, and a bit suspenseful. It's like a movie where you're constantly trying to figure out what the heck is going on in it. Are they a couple? Is it some sort of kidnapping? No matter what's going on, listening to the few lyrics in the song and comparing it to what we see concludes to something that shouldn't be happening...and I love every moment of it; I just wish it was a tiny bit longer.

No comments: