Monday, September 24, 2012

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos


"HIGH FIVE!!" by ROACH
It's always exciting seeing new things from this band. They have been consistently awesome and growing. They try new things, but keep their roots in tact. I love Taama's voice and the fun energy the members bring to the video. It's a great summer track, even though summer is mostly over. I like the outdoor atmosphere since you don't see this kind of scenery in jrock videos. It reminds of me of Pay money To my Pain's "Out of my hands" when they did everything outside and interacted with the environment. This is how you utilize your scenery, kpop.



"IDOL is DEAD" by BiS
Looking at the name, all I could think of was the disbanded jrock band and totally forgot about these jpop girls. I think this video is a continuation of the earlier PV release of "IDOL". I was a little confused by it like BABYMETAL. The vocals aren't as fluid or comprehensive, but the whole concept is intriguing. I like the dark imagery, chaos, and aggressive vocals. I guess those old businessmen are enjoying these cutesy jpop girls using these heavy rock/electronic elements.



"Fashion Monster" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Seeing a new PV from her was exciting, especially since she got some exposure on Kids React. I think she got back her catchiness that she was lacking in her last single, but I enjoy her overall body of work. Anyway, this was another clusterfuck of a PV like "PONPONPON". Sometimes it seemed like too much with the dancers, but I got used to it. I must admit though, I kept thinking of Tommy heavenly6 watching this PV, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment. Looking forward to the new release!



"Stop Girl" by U-KISS
It's kinda hard to get Supernova's version with the similar song title out of my head, but these guys did an awesome job too. I like this classy, sleek look they've been doing. The music is very deep and refreshing for the guys. They seem a little more relaxed in this video and I really appreciate the maturity of their appearance and the content of this song. Although, I'm kinda tired of the awkward one sided hair thing. I hope they continue in this direction and include female dancers. Miss you, AJ~



"Take on Me" by Seo In Guk
A classic song from the iconic A-ha and a very good cover at that. I don't know how I missed this one, since I admire this guy's voice and charm. This definitely displayed both of those elements in this video. It doesn't lose the original idea from A-ha's version, but still brings something new to the table by making it more modern. Not many people can pull this song off this well.

No comments: