Monday, August 5, 2013

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos


"Mischievous of Alice" by Yousei Teikoku
This is definitely an artist I hardly listen to, but enjoy. I know there are plenty of "Alice in Wonderland" inspired jrock/jpop songs out there in Japan, but this still keeps the concept fresh and a little different from the others. The music and visuals are both elegant and dark, but maintains its beauty and edge. Perhaps this PV will persuade me to go through my library and listen to more of her music.



"Did not say anything" by BNR feat. Ann
I love finding new Korean R&B artists that just blow me away in not only their music, but their visuals. The video is shot very interestingly. I love the freeze framed characters and actions and how smoothly it progresses the scene with these two people. The music is very soulful and smooth. It brings some good feelings inside and I always love Ann's vocal contributions. Every time she's in something, I instantly love it, especially if the male vocals compliment them like Drunken Tiger.



"Polarize" by Tam Tam
I think I ran into this band on either a jrock blog or Tumblr, but it was definitely something different than what I've been listening to lately. It's great to find a new band that's enjoyable and somewhat unique to the genre. The visuals are mixture of eccentric artistic and band centric with a good balance of focus in either of those categories. The music is very easy to listen to, but the vocals can be hit or miss for new listeners like Shiina Ringo. The vocals are soft, but powerful with imperfect perfections. I would definitely like to hear more from this band in the near future.



"SIRIUS" by DIAURA
I'm so proud to have been a fan of these guys from the beginning and even before this band formed. There is so much growth shining in this PV and song that it makes me proud to be a fan of theirs. The visuals are definitely a step up. It's dramatic, sleek, and dark just like the band. The music is simply amazing! It has a strong passionate punch to the chest and the vocals just reek emotion and improvement. I can still pick yo-ka's vocals out of anyone else's. I love the balance of sorrowful, dramatic piano and the hard hitting rock sounds to transition everything. Keep up the good work, guys!



"GET ON THE FLOOR" by 365
A friend of mine has been sharing some Vietnamese pop with me occasionally and this is one group that he posted on my Facebook. I'm sure there are plenty of kpop fans that accuse other Asian pop acts, excluding Japan, of copying kpop, but I think this is the first time I can find no trace of comparison. I don't agree with these fans, btw. Anyway, this reminds me of Europop from the visuals to the music, but the vocal structure and appearance of the members are definitely Asia based. It's a fun little dance track with some stunning visuals I thought only existed in China's pop scene. I'm looking forward to checking out more music from this group.

No comments: