Saturday, January 25, 2014

Q&A: -OZ-

At A-Kon 23 in Dallas, TX, -OZ- held a Q&A for the fans and here is a summary of what was said and done at the event. This transcription and summarization was written by a good friend, Aurora, and I want to thank her for sending this to me and allowing me to share with you (once again), my lovely Cult followers! Also, I want to thank Babel Entertainment for bringing -OZ- to Dallas and allowing the fans this opportunity. Lastly, a thank you to the members of -OZ- and their team for allowing us to become a little closer to them.

Due to the request of the band's management, pictures were not allowed during the Q&A. Also, most of the questions the band attempted to answer in English.

Written by: Aurora | Edited by: Miko Suzahiru

Band Members
Natsuki - vocals
Aki - guitar
Tama - guitar
Nao - bass
Zukki - drums



Q: Do you like non-Japanese girls?

After much band discussion.

Natsuki: Yes of course
Aki: Of course, very well
Zukki: Yes yes
Nao: YEEEEES
Tama: Very yeeeeeaaah wooo hoooooo

Q: Favorite Video Game?

Natsuki: Final Fantasy…Final Fantasy VII! Cloud...Sephiroth...uh..
Audience: Tifa!
Natsuki: Tifa! Oh yes~! Aerith..all of them!
Nao: Monster Hunter. My weapon is hammer!

Q: How do you go about song titles?

Natsuki: uhhh...dictionary!

There was a momentary pause in which Natsuki requested one translator move to the other side of the table because they were both at one end and it made it difficult for the members on the far side to hear the translations.

Q: What kind of books do you like, manga etc?

Aki: I don’t read book.
Zukki: Hajime no ippo
Natsuki: I am otaku okay? Many many eeeeeto ni...Kuroshitsuji. Future Diary, ..(and another title I didn’t catch.)
Nao: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Naruto (and he started naming characters)
Tama: Death Note, Fist of the North Star

Q: Battle of the bands. Who would you go against?

Aki: Lady Gaga & Justin Beiber
Zukki: X Japan
Natsuki: Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson
Nao: Korn, Slipknot
Tama: Linkin Park

Q: Who has tattoos and which is your favorite?

Aki joked about showing off a tattoo in a danger zone before saying that he was wearing an OZ original temporary tattoo.

Zukki: Nothing.
Natsuki: Nothing but I want to.
Nao: I’m nasty but I want –points to nipple-
Tama: I don’t want to. I think it hurts.

Q: Do you all get along well or argue a lot?

Aki: I put up a fight every day –punches air-

One of the members mentions them being friends from long ago in their childhood (junior high school). Natsuki, Tama and Nao went to the same junior high school. Zukki knew Aki from high school and Natsuki met Zukki when they formed the band.

Q: Japan vs US?

Natsuki: I was surprised the hot dogs were so good.
Nao: They were so good! I put two in one bun and I had four today in fact!

Q: Where did the band name come from?

Natsuki: It has a nice ring to the ear.

Q: What Japanese bands inspire you?

Tama: J. X Japan. Favorite song is "Good bye".
He then sang part of the song
Natsuki: X Japan. Luna Sea. Siam Shade.
Aki: X Japan. Hide is his guitar hero.

Q: Were you surprised by the encore? Why did you take so long to come back?

Natsuki: Sorry, we were tired. We used all of our energy and had to take a break.

Q: How do you keep your hair so fabulous?

Natsuki: We have good hair/make up artist. Her name is Mika!

Q: What hobbies do you have?

Tama: Drinking. I love beer. –shiver- woooo very very delicious. Watching TV, eat ramen.
Natsuki: I am otaku. Watch anime and make computer.
Zukki: Fishing
He and Aki pantomime going fishing.
Aki: Window shopping, driving and avoiding trouble.

Q: What is the inspiration for your music?

Natsuki: Screamo music. I like Machine Head.

Q: What is your favorite American movie?

Natsuki: Back to the future 1, 2 & 3!
Aki: Die Hard! Die Hard? Texas location?
Nao: Armageddon
Zukki: Titanic
Tama: Tim Burton

Q: Do you like tacos?

Natsuki: OZ members like tacos.

Q: Was this your first time stage diving and did you have fun doing it at A-KON?

Natsuki: The concert was tons of fun and it was my first time stage diving. I apologized to the staff afterward.

Q: Best gift from fan?

Aki: Letter.
Zukki: Chocolate
Natsuki: Love. Do you love me?
Fans say yes
Natsuki: Thank you.
Nao: When you scream, that makes me really happy
Tama: Beer. Beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer.

Q: Favorite song because of meaning & why?

Natsuki: Detox. When we played it live, tremendous reaction.
Nao: Stigma, because it was the first song we made since I joined OZ.
Zukki: Last Shell. The tempo is slow. I can relax a bit.
Aki: Reverse. Powerful song

Q: What are you afraid of?

Tama: Empty beer.
Nao: I’m scared when Tama gets drunk
Natsuki: It’s scary, especially when Tama and Zukki are drunk at the same time.
Zukki: When Tama is drunk he always punches me on the shoulder.
Aki: Zukki’s snoring!
Tama put hands on his head.

Natsuki: Last question! Do you like OZ?
Audience: -cheers-
Natsuki: Thank you

No comments: