Saturday, March 5, 2011

Quick Movie Review


Salt (2010, USA) | Rating: 3/5


I failed to see this movie in the theaters, but I'm glad we had it at my workplace. It definitely went a totally different direction than I thought. The movie is very fast pace and it barely slows down for your mind to calm down from what happened in the previous scenes. I enjoyed the twists and turns of this movie, but I was a little sad on how it ended.



Case 39 (2010, USA) | Rating: 2.5/5


I was a little hesitant on seeing this movie, but it wasn't that bad. Jodelle Ferland is definitely type casted as the creepy child lately. The movie did its job of playing with the audiences' emotions, but once you've seen one evil child, you've kinda seen them all in some shape or form. Some parts were a little open ended, but you can assume where it was gonna lead to.



Wise Guys Never Die (2006, Hong Kong) | Rating: 2/5


An unusual Chinese film that still hasn't quite settled in my mind yet on how I feel about it. It's a little hard to watch as the story is not the most interesting of choices. It has an interesting twist at the end that I was not expecting at all, but overall, it wasn't terrible or terrific.



Chloe (2009, USA) | Rating: 3/5


Another movie I wanted to see in the theaters, but failed to do so. It has a predictable storyline to it, but there's a twist to it as well. I don't know how easy it is to guess what happens in the film, but I took a wild shot in the dark and got it correct. It was a little boring and overdramatic in places, but in the end it was a decent movie that kinda makes you think about how relationships work.



Ninja's Creed (2009, USA) | Rating: 1.5/5


I don't even know why I even picked this up, especially when it starred a WWE Diva. It was a complete waste of time. The few good things about the movie was that Pat Morita was the bad guy (sorry, a little spoiler), Alexander Wraith was hot and shirtless, and Gail Kim was kinda sexy as she kicked people's asses. The movie should've ended a lot sooner instead of continuing onto this confusing add-on to Alexander's character's backstory.

No comments: