Friday, March 23, 2012

Top 5 Recommended Music Videos



"SUICIDE" by 12012
Yes, I can see the Dir en grey in this (i.e. "-saku-" & "CLEVER SLEAZOID"), but for the most part this is the 12012 I fell in love with. I'm sure the rest of their songs aren't "Dir en grey rip-offs" as everyone keeps arguing. Stop being so butthurt, guys~ Enjoy the music! Even though I was slightly underwhelmed, I'm still satisfied with the full results. The song brings back that hard hitting sound with some new elements that they desperately needed to break away from that ballady, pop soft sound they inherited going major. Looking forward to delving into the comeback album and reviewing it here for you guys.




"Silent Assassin" by VII-Sense
I think this is a huge improvement for VII-Sense. I don't see any Kamijo or Dio in sight, except for Erina's new blonde look but that's forgivable. Anyway, the song is both catchy and badass. The guitar duet is amazing and the visual presentation is a definite upgrade from their previous works. I'm also enjoying the vocal changes Juka is trying out as well. I hope they continue with this new musical direction and grow more and more!




"Zero Gravity" by Kerli
Not really a fan, but I tried to like her music. It's a bit of a hit and miss, but her Natasha Bedingfield like vocals, reminders of Blood Stain Child's Sophia's looks, and stunning visuals in this video kept me more interested than the other two music videos I tried out. It's like a 90's raver/dance music lover's dream. It has a great musical and vocal flow and the visuals don't take away from the overall feeling while watching it. Those Europeans sure have talent!




"Devil" by Annyeongbada
One of my friends posted this on their Facebook and I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Korean rock. When I approach it, I'm usually very skeptical because it's hard to find good krock. This is one of them. The song is catchy, easy to listen to without it being cheesy. The guys aren't a bunch of pretty boy idols either like CN Blue or F.T. Island, which makes me very happy. The video also proves it deserves a spot on this week's recommendations. Looking forward to hearing more from these guys in the near future.




"待つ女" by Ziyoou Vachi
Another friend promoted this band on their LiveJournal and I thought they were interesting. They popped up again on my friends list and got reminded that this band isn't that bad. They're a little quirky and odd, but they remind me of cali≠gari with a possible gender bending twist. Either way, I think they're worth checking out. Not only does the music keep your attention, but the visuals are equally intriguing.

No comments: