Saturday, April 28, 2012

Second Chances: Big Bang



Sadly, this is a very fuzzy story, but years ago when I was getting my toes wet in the kpop world, I kept seeing the name "Big Bang" every where in the fandom. So, I checked out a couple of their music videos and I honestly laughed. This self proclaimed hip-hop quintet were trying too hard to be "urban". Their appearance turned me off completely and their music didn't stick either. Forgive me for not remembering exactly what music video I saw to make me think that way. I'm just going to throw out a video as a guess, because this really reminds me of B2K. ^^;



Later, I gave the boys another chance. Yet again, I don't remember what redeemed them for me. If I had to guess, I think it was a solo music video that reeled me in. It was either G-Dragon's "This Love" or Tae Yang's "Pray". It's been so long so...I'm sorry, but I do remember introducing my friends to them through "La La La" and establishing favorites despite lack of knowledge of names. I also remember that "Number 1" and "Haru Haru" were my most played songs. To this day, I have yet to reach "VIP" status and I'm not aiming for it either.

No comments: